View animation of gum recession treatment.
Gum Recession Puts Your Teeth and Smile at Risk
A receding gum line exposes the delicate root surfaces, inviting bacterial and mechanical damage to the structures anchoring your teeth to the jawbone. Receded gums will not grow back or return to a healthier level without the help of an experienced, highly skilled periodontist – someone like Dr. Darrin Rapoport, who has performed over 5000 gum grafts over the last 15 years and is the choice of many dentists for their own periodontal care.
Beware the Causes of Gum Recession
- Periodontal disease
- Teeth grinding
- Aggressive brushing and flossing
- Parafunctional habits
- Oral piercings
- Misaligned teeth
Concerning Signs and Symptoms
- Tooth sensitivity
- Longer-looking teeth
- Discoloration near gum line
- Dark, triangular spacing between teeth
- Notches on teeth near gum line
- Change in smile appearance
Our Treatment Options Reverse Receding Gums
Treating gum recession is not only crucial to the health of your teeth, it also restores cosmetic appeal your smile. Your gums help protect your teeth from dangers and play a vital role in your oral health, comfort and appearance. Dr. Rapoport offers two effective options for reversing gum recession:
- Traditional Gum Grafts: Gum tissue is harvested from your mouth or a synthetic source to replenish tissue to a healthier level on the teeth.
- Allen Tunnel Technique: Your own gum tissue is harvested and attached in a minimally invasive way to areas in deficit, covering exposed root surfaces for ideal attachment levels.
Gum recession has threatened your smile long enough. Get the effective gum recession treatment you need from Seattle’s leading periodontal specialist. Contact our team today.